Friday 24 February 2017

In Game Photography - Uncharted




Comparing a game to art is not something that is widely accepted by the mainstream, sure you have a lot of 'concept art' of a game, but I'm talking about looking at a still frame of a game and being happy to frame that image and hang it on your wall. Uncharted 4 delivers this like few others. I loved Uncharted 4 and consider it the most beautiful and artistically inspiring AAA game ever made.  I used the Camera tool during my play through to capture and share some moments that stood out to me. From a technical art perspective some little things really stood out to me as amazing when playing this, like Drake dynamically pushing hanging vines out his way as he walks past, or swarms of flies, that you only really notice at the right angle, really anchor you in the world.  My capture's are mainly environment shots but the character animation and transitions between cut scenes and game play are also best in class in my opinion, heck they even managed a kiss between Drake and Elena to look pretty believable and emotional, probably the first time I have said that about a video game!





No comments:

Post a Comment